Series: God is For Us!
Title: Obligation to the Spirit!
Text: Romans 8:12-13
- In 1 Timothy 1:5 Paul commends Timothy for a “sincere” faith. The word sincere means “without hypocrisy.” How does hypocritical “faith” scare the Body of Christ? What can we do to be sure to maintain a sincere faith?
- Discuss Galatians 5:16-25 in light of the statement in Romans 8:12-13 that we have an obligation to the Spirit and not to the flesh.
- Dr Douglas Moo says, “Security without responsibility breeds passivity but responsibility without security leads to anxiety.” How do you keep a balance between security in Christ and responsibility to live a holy life as a Christian?
- Discuss the “flee then pursue approach” to grow in our faith as revealed in 1 Timothy 6:11-12.
- Give thanks to the Lord for the truth of Romans 8:1 and 8:12-13.